Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My boy is growin up


The handsome horse you see in the photo is my Skys Blue Boy 3yr old, well he will be 3 in April. I just got word from my trainer that he has been started under saddle this week! Sniff, Sniff, my baby is growing up. He is a very handsome fella, and we have big hopes for him in the show pen. His daddy is a 17.2 h World Champion..... I'd be VERY happy if he ended up 16.2 and would even get QUALIFIED for a world show competition!
Robert is doing well in school. The hours a long, but he is enjoying learning how to be a Peace Officer. It's a good thing too, beacause with all the stuff he has to learn he'd be hard to be around if he wasn't enjoying it!
Cold front came down last night. They are reporting ice storms around Dallas F/W area. Cold and rainy last night, cool today...50's I think. All these Texans are bundled up in puffy winter coats with scarfs and mittens...me...I'm in my t-shirt and LOVIN it! :)
OH, I've forgotten to mention that one of our foster puppies (at least I think I forgot to mention)
got adopted to a nice family in Canada. He flew out Saturday AM and arrived in Prince Rupert, BC on Sunday AM. I've gotten a few reports since, and they are loving him and he is loving them. He is the sweetest pup, and wins over everyone he meets! So, good news there! 2 down, 2 to go!
Can't think of anything else at the moment.
4-H kiddos have two contests in March. One on the 6th and the other on the 9th being our district contest. Everyone cross fingers and say a prayer for the kiddos...they are trying so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment