Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cooking 101, 202, and 303!

Soooooo....I've found myself feeling very "domestic" this week. I know, how funny is that!
I use to love to cook! I'd cook for all 3 working students at the Barn I managed in MD as long as they'd clean up! Hated clean up!

I've gotten OUT of the cooking habit lately. I'd stop and grab something on the way home...or throw a pizza in oven when I got home....mac and cheese with hamburger meat (dh loves that one)......but NO real COOKING!

Let me see if I can recreate my menu this week for you all to try....

MONDAY - Homemade Chicken 'helper'
4 med ckn breasts
1/2 bag no yolks egg noodles (yum)
1 can cream of mushroom soup w/ 1/2 can water
Seasonings you enjoy
I use - Krazy Jane and Mrs Dash

Cook ckn in pan with olive oil and set aside when cooked fully!
boil noodles
drain noodles
Put noodles in deep frying type pan with a bit of butter and add soup/water and blend well
add chicken when well blended
season to tast....and viola! YUMMY!
I also warmed up some veggies.....corn I think!
It was good!

TUESDAY - Pork Loin, Green Bean Casserole, Brown Rice
Oh My Gosh...i didn't know this was going to be SOOOOO yummy!
Sunday night I took out a Pork Loin I'd gotten on sale from the freezer. Wasn't quite thawed out Monday...so I left it in the fridge and made Ckn stuff above! Tuesday however....Pork time!

Green Bean Casserole
2 cans green beans
1 can cream mushroom
those funky 'onion' things
Mix soup with 1 can water in glass baking dish - then add beans and mix well - add in about 1/2 c onion things - bake at 350 (i think) for about 25-30 mins - then top with about another 1/2 to 1 c of onion things and bake about 15 mins
I hated, HATED this when I was little....now I LOVE IT!

While that's baking take

1 Pork Loin
Seasonings (again, Krazy Jane and Mrs Dash's sun dried tomato and basil this time)
1 skillet on low/med heat (4 on my electric range I think) and some olive oil and the seasonings
I covered the up side of the loin with seasonings
I cooked it on low in the skillet turning every few minutes so it didn't get burnt
about 35-40 mins into cooking i cut 3 slits in the bottom and cooked 'bottom side' up for about 15 more mins
It smelled soooo good that I couldn't wait for DH to get home at 11pm to eat dinner...I had to have some!
It was sooooo moist and juicy...WOW!

Rice
ok......I'm going to tell you.....
I CHEAT when it comes to Rice!
I use the uncles Ben's microwave bag......tastes GREAT ready in about 2 mins in my small takes forever to warm anything up microwave....

What a good meal....super YUMMY!

Wednesday - how in the heck do I top Tuesday?
MEXICAN FOOD!

Meat
1 lb 93% lean ground beef
1/4 c chopped onion
1 garlic clove
krazy jane and mrs dash (can you tell i LOVE them?)
brown in skillet and leave on low to keep warm

Rice
UNCLE BEN'S SPANISH STYLE
MICRO when ready to eat

Re fried Beans
1 can - warm - add seasoning to taste

I also made home made PICO
1 tomato
1/4 c onion
1 clove garlic
and some Basil
salt/pepper to taste
crushed red pepper

DH loves PICO...I do not....he ate it....said VERY good :)

and.....drum roll please.....
Avocado Dip - I loves this stuffs!
2 ripe avocados pealed and pitted and put in food processor
I added some garlic - salt/pepper - and some mrs dash to season
topped with a little bit of diced tomato

Don't forget to warm up those tortilla before you eat....
FOLKS......SUPER YUMMY!

What on the menu for tonight? I have NO IDEA!
Let me know if you try those....or have any awesome recipe's you'd love to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment