Friday, May 28, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
2. I'm looking forward to my Dear Husband graduating from The Victoria College Police Academy and getting his TCLEOSE certification.
3. My co-worker talking on the phone and the whine of the ac unit is what I'm listening to right now.
4. Potato salad must have potato chunks and some mustard and relish in it!
5. My breakfast muffin was the best (ONLY) thing I ate today.
6. Today was supposed to be Friday, but it feels more like a Monday.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to picking Peetie up from Adopt-a-Pet , tomorrow my plans include helping my husband find a suit and Sunday, I want to chill at Connie's house while the 'boys' study for their TCLEOSE test!!
Friday, May 14, 2010
2. That's just the way it is.
3. The third sentence on the 7th page of the book I'm reading: book, what book? I'm at work! I do have Twilight with me...so here goes...... "Mom's fine. It's good to see you, too, Dad."
4. An amazing horse, a great class, and a fancy ribbon tickles my fancy.
5. I was walking Duke last night, and he's doing sooooo well!
6. Watching Duke, my 80 lb lab, and Missy, my DH's bugle.....i mean Beagle play together makes me laugh!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to not knowing what the plans are, tomorrow my plans include a Victoria photo shoot with a cute couple and Sunday, I want to play with Peetie at the pound!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Ralphie, scared and starved, joined his rescuers.
I wouldn't think anything could live thru this.... but we were wrong.
This little lady also survived that wreckage.
Here she is just placed in the car - scared, but safe.
and then..they are no longer alone!
Add two more beagles found after that .. the more, the merrier!
Oh boy, a new traveler to add to the mix.. (Note: the cat coming over the seat needing shelter...) Now just how is this going to work? (and remember they are all strange to one another)
It's going to work just fine, thank you very much!
Wow! The things we learn from our animal friends... If only all of mankind could learn such valuable lessons as this. Lessons of instant friendship. Of peace and harmony by way of respect for one another -- no matter one's color or creed. These animals tell you... "It's just good to be alive and with others." Yes, it surely is.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Today, however I'm going to blog about 2 things that often go along with horses.......boys, and dogs.
I'm going to start on a positive note! Let me tell you about my dog Duke.
What? You didn't really think I'd use the word positive when talking about boys did you? Please!
Duke is a yellow lab. He's a rescue. We rescued him off of main Highway about 45 miles from our home. He had an injured leg. A trip to adopt a pet to get fixed and few vet bills later and Duke is a very happy, bouncing, playful lab.
Did I mention Duke has NO MANNERS? Yeah. Being a dog we just 'picked up' off the street....we have no idea what he was taught, or not taught.
I've been wanting to take him to some classes for a while now. BUT, the only thing I knew of local was Pet Smart. I took Cheyenne, one of my Catahoula's there last year. We had a great time, and enjoyed it. BUT, you have to go to a class a week for x amount of weeks.....and I'm so busy right now I can't commit to that....so, I've been hunting other alternatives!
I found one! While in TSC two weeks ago I saw an ad for a local dog trainer. How awesome! Then, about 2 days later I heard an ad for that same trainer on one of the local radio stations! OK, I thought, this person is SERIOUS about this...serious enough to put an ad on radio! So, I got on the website and checked it out! Check out Biscuit Eaters K9!!! Rayna is awesome! We set up an appointment after a few emails.
I met Rayna at designated area Sunday Morning. I was a bit apprehensive. What if I didn't like her? What if she didn't like me? What if she didn't like Duke? What if she told me Duke was stupid and would never learn anything? ohhhhh gosh!
Well, none of that happened! Duke was Great! Rayna was AWESOME!
Since Sunday AM I've been working with Duke for at LEAST 5 mins in the evening and 5 mins in the morning. He's soooo smart! He's catching on very quickly! I'm very impressed!
Rayna has also agreed to help out our local animal shelter too! Thanks Rayna!
Now....onto the 'other' part of this post.
* Disclaimer * If you are having a good day, and the above paragraphs made you happy and you wish to stay that way DO NOT continue to read! There will be complaining and complaining and complaining ahead!
OK, now that we have THAT out of the way.....
What in the HECK is up with guys? I mean what? Why are we wired soooooo differently?
We are organized, THEY ARE NOT.
We are considerate of others, THEY ARE NOT.
We remember that on the 2nd Tuesday of the month they have a meeting with x group and therefore go out of our way to make sure that happens for THEM, THEY DO NOT!
When is it our turn? When is it our turn to be on the receiving end of all that STUFF we do for them?
Do we do tooooo much?
Do we need to let them fall on their faces a few times? Would that make them realize just how much we do?
How do we get them to do more?
I'm about it my wits end here people....and I know there are others of you out there that are too! I'm usually a positive happy go lucky kinda gal.....but lately...I find myself slipping!
Help! There's a pond full of alligators below!