Thursday, April 5, 2018

Limes and Turtles......


I don't know about you, but life has been a little "over the top" here lately.  During the last few weeks my emotions have been comparable to a roller coaster ride at Six Flags!! Up, down, around, turn, repeat!  I thought I'd been handling it pretty well, until yesterday. Everything hit me like a boxer throwing his knockout punch. No one likes feeling down and out. I am not an exception to this. In the (recent) past, I would have eaten an entire chocolate cake and a half gallon of equally chocolaty ice cream. Instead (trying to break the emotional eating habit)  I reached for my Young Living Essential Oils. I didn't have my entire collection at my disposal, but fortunately I'd packed  few good ones. What am I saying, they are ALL good! 

The first oil I grabbed out of my "magic bag" was Stress Away. 
Image result for young living stress away

Stress Away is an Essential Oil Blend (made up of multiple single oils) that, well, helps with stress. 
This blend is made up of Lavender, Cedarwood, Lime, Vanilla, Copaiba and Ocotea.
Lavender is, as most people know, a very calming and soothing oil. It is often used when someone is looking for some help at bedtime.
Cedarwood is high in sesquiterpenes, which are calming and soothing to the nervous system.
Lime is an inspiring and uplifting essential oil.
Vanilla is another soothing and calming scent.
With it's warm, sweet aroma, Copaiba adds something special to this blend.
Ocotea is high in levels of alpha humulene, a compound that helps aid the body’s natural response to irritation and discomfort

Add all those essential oils powerhouses together and you have a warm, sweet, tropical aroma that will have your negative emotions and thoughts simply melting away.

The next oil I applied was Valor II

Image result for young living Valor II

Valor II is also a  blend of many essential oils, including;  Northern Lights Black Spruce and Idaho Blue Spruce essential oils, along with Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Vetiver, Cistus, Bergamot, Cassia,  and German Chamomile, among a few others.
This is a very uplifting, inspiring and empowering blend. It is difficult to explain how essential oils can have such a positive affect on your emotions. It truly is something you need to experience for yourself!

While these oils did not magically "make all my cares go away" they did make this emotional roller coaster I was on go from what felt like a runaway train to that of a slowly meandering turtle. Oils are a tool to help you support your body's natural healing process.
I'm simply here to share my essential oil journey with you.


*disclaimer - I am not a doctor. The information found here is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.

No comments:

Post a Comment