Friday, September 9, 2016

Toxins, be gone!

  Toxins? Yes, toxins!

               Toxins are everywhere, and we don’t even realize it. Most people don’t realize how bad they are for you. We use them because we’ve seen other people use them, without knowing what we are using. I’m NOT going to get into the chemical makeup of every cleaning product out there. That would be BORING and take a long time. What I am going to do is give you a link so that you can look into them for yourself, if you are so inclined. THEN I am going to tell you what I’m using instead of all of those products we grew up with. Go to www.ewg.org/guides/cleaners and type in whatever cleaner you’d like to look up in the search bar near the top of the page. I just went and typed in Windex. Everyone knows that Windex is used to clean…….windows! I’ve used it forever!  I grew up watching my Mom and Grandmother use it. Two of the components of that product score an F on the EWG’s scale of A-F, an F!!! Two other components score D’s, 4 score C’s, 2 score B’s and 2 score A’s. This gives the product an overall score of a D. D, on a scale of A-F isn’t very good is it? Nope!!  What if I could tell you there is a product out there that is formulated with 100% plant and mineral based ingredients, is biodegradable and complies with EPA standards?



                Enter Thieves Concentrated Household Cleaner!!! Now, believe me, I was very skeptical at first. Especially since it is not only good for you, but much cheaper than regular cleaners when you break down what it costs you to make 1 bottle. I believe a 14.4 oz bottle of the concentrate will make about 30 bottles (based on a 30 oz squirt bottle) of  all-purpose cleaner. That is like $1.59 cents per bottle of cleaner. Now, if you buy the larger container, I think it makes each 30 oz bottle like $.88 cents!  I know that none of the products I was using before Thieves Household Cleaner were that affordable! 

                But does it work? That is what you are all asking, right?? YES, it works!! I wouldn’t be telling you about it if it hadn’t tried it! I was blown away by how well it worked. I mixed up the all-purpose cleaner, which is 1 cap full of concentrate and about 30 ounces of water when I cleaned my house this past Monday. All my counters and the stove got Thieves Household Cleaner. My house smelled great, and the counters were clean. No nasty, filmy residue was left behind. My counters were clean. They just felt clean! There were a couple of spots where things have obviously been spilled, and didn’t get cleaned up. I literally let the cleaner sit for 5-10 seconds, and with minimal elbow grease everything was gone.

                I also used Thieves Household Cleaner on my floors. Those who know me know I have dogs. A few dogs. Ok, A LOT of dogs, sheesh! I used to hate cleaning my floors with regular floor cleaner and then having my dogs walk all over it, getting all those toxins on their feet and skin. And lets not even think about one of the licking the floor right away! Gross!!! So, I mixed up the floor cleaner, and went to work. I have two different surfaces in my house, laminate and linoleum. The Thieves cleaner did wonders on both! I walked across both surfaces after they had dried, and just like the counter tops, they felt clean! No residue or sticky filmy feeling. They felt clean, and looked clean. My linoleum is the cleanest it has been in months! I wish I had before and after pictures for you guys. But trust me, it was clean. Not only did the floors get clean, the house smelled great! No chemical hospital smell. I don’t know about you, but I hate it when my house smells like that. I know, some of us associate that with clean. I used to be the same way. Now I associate that with toxins and Thieves with clean!

                I will admit, I was very skeptical about this product when I was told about it. So skeptical that I bought the smallest bottle I could, even though the bigger bottle was a MUCH better deal. I didn’t see the point in spending the higher amount for the bigger bottle, even though it was a better deal, if the stuff didn’t end up cleaning my house the way I wanted it to. I NOW wish I’d bought the bigger bottle!! Interested in trying it out for yourself? Check out my website or contact me  and I can tell you how to get some!

               
                The next adventure for my Thieves Household Cleaner? Laundry soap. Yep, you read that right, laundry soap! I don’t know about you guys, but I have super sensitive skin and finding a laundry soap that doesn’t irritate it is difficult. I have a recipe for laundry soap, and as soon as my current soap is gone I am going to try it out. I already have all the ingredients, and my bucket! Stay tuned to find out how it works!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment