Wednesday, October 5, 2016

This & That!

            A little bit of this, and a little bit of that! I've been up to many oily things lately.....but none that I've been using enough to devote an entire blog post to. So, I'm going to give you a little preview of  a few of the things I'm working on.

            About 3 weeks ago one of my puppies (ok, he's almost 6, but to me he is still a puppy!) got a horrid infection. On his NOSE! Yes, his NOSE of all places.  Poor fella. His nose got dry and cracked and it bled. Poor boy. I felt so bad. So, off to the vet we went. Two different types of medicines and two weeks later, the infection is cleared up. His poor little nose, however, isn't back to normal. So, I started giving him coconut oil in his food while he was sick. It didn't really help. I then tried putting some on his nose. That worked a little bit, until it dried up, but then once the oil soaked in it was back to dry. I reached out to an "oily" friend of mine, and her reply was simple. Add Lavender oil to the coconut oil. Seemed easy enough, since I had Lavender oil on hand already! So, for the past 5 days I've been adding Lavender oil to the coconut oil. I'm happy to report that his nose is getting much softer and much more like that cold, wet nose I've grown to love!

            I have very sensitive skin. I'm allergic to all sorts of Laundry soaps and lotions and sun screens and any other thing you can think of that most people are ok putting on their bodies. My skin gets red and gets bumps on it. So, to take care of one of the issues, I've started using coconut oil with some essential oil added in for a nice aroma, in place of lotions.  :)  The coconut oil by it self moisturizes my skin and doesn't make it red and bumpy. Adding any essential oil has also not bothered my skin, and makes my skin smell wonderful! I actually applied some coconut oil and essential oil not too long after I used a "regular" lotion, and it took the redness and bumps away not too long after I put it on.

            So, in my "quest" to rid my house (and life, in general) from as many chemicals as possible, I'm changing how a do a lot of things.  I believe the is a correlation between the chemicals in our lives and some of the sicknesses and diseases that are harming us. I've already cleaned out all the nasty, chemical ridden cleaners from under my kitchen sink and have replaced them with one, all natural cleaning product. Thieves Household Cleaner. See my post about that here. Along those lines, I'm changing my laundry soap, and dryer sheets. I ordered some wool dryer balls. You use them instead of chemical and fragrance laden dryer sheets. To give them a pleasant aroma, simply add a few drops of essential oil to each one and you are good to go. They are reusable, and supposedly last quite a while. I'm waiting until I replace my current laundry soap to try them out. This should happen soon, just a few more loads worth of detergent in that jug I think.  Once I've used both the new laundry detergent and the wool dryer balls for a little while I will be making an entire post about my opinion of both products.

            So, those are just a few of the "oily" things I've been up to lately! Questions? Feel free to email me directly!  Ready to start your own oily journey? Sign up here! Our team is full of positive, helpful fellow oilers who are ready to guide you each step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment