Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm gonna go out on a limb here....

I found an interesting post at HunterInTraining this morning, here is the link

I may be setting myself up for some.....interesting discussion here.....but...

I have traveled around the United States. North, South, East, and West.
My observation of the use of the English language has been very 'regional'.

Never have I observed such 'abuse' of the English language as I have in the south. (go ahead, have at me, but be nice).

"I seen BobbyJoe at the meeting last night"
NO! "I saw BobbyJoe at the meeting last night"

Growing up in upstate NY, I honestly do not remember people talking like that, EVER.
I'm in no way, shape, or form saying that ALL people in the south do not know how to properly use the English language. All I'm saying is that I hear more improper use of the language in the South.
Anyone else have a take on this?

1 comment:

  1. It's a laid back lazy verbage gone wild. Well, gone to sleep, LOL!

    I've noticed it as well, and in fact poke fun at some of my colleagues for their lax use of language. Most frustrating!

    ReplyDelete