Friday, July 31, 2009

"Concert in Victoria"

That does sound strange, yes? For those that do not know Victoria is a very small town in Texas where the word "concert" doesn't quite fit. Concert can be used to describe musical events in big towns like Houston, and San Antonio, Dallas and Fort Worth.....but maybe not Victoria.

Took a friend for her 50th B-day to this Charity "concert" in town last night.
The Bellamy Brothers.
I think the friend had a good time. The event was supposed to start at 7pm. Apparently it did with an opening band, till 8am. Then from 8 to 8:45 (was supposed to be over at 8:30) was a live auction. Bellamy Bros started playing about 9. We left about 10. Early, I know but I didn't want to be there when the masses of drunk people left the building.
I would LOVE to know how a benefit for VICTORIA CRIME STOPPERS can get away with selling the amount of ALCOHOL I watched people consume last night. It was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment