Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday AM Meds

Ok.....this is a test
A test to see what Skeletor learned yesterday
I got up at 6:15 and said...well...I might as well get out there....this way if he's bad I've got almost an hour to work with him before I have to get ready to leave for work.....
I gathered up my stuff.....meds....water spray bottle.....grain with mushed up meds...and headed to the round pen...
I opened the gate.....i set the bucket down...I closed the gate.....I turned around.......I set the bucket in his food bucket.....I turned around......I walked up to Skeletor and he.....
Stood still......let me catch him.....and attach his lead rope.....
Lots of head scratching and licking and chewing......
We pulled his blanket off......
I started spraying......
Robert sprayed the medicine with only a slight sideways step....
He put the baking powder over it with only a slight flinch....
Blankets went back on
neck cover went back on...with lots of Velcro noise
he stood nice and still
pressure behind ears lowered head and got some licking and chewing
on both sides
we backed up....walked forward...backed up....walked forward....
scratches on the head...licking and chewing....
and then I let him go to eat his breakfast.
What a good Skelly, good boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment