Monday, September 14, 2009

NICKELBACK 9 - 12 - 09

Back in June, Jen and I got tickets for ourselves and our DH/SO to go see Nickelback in concert. IN a word...... amazinglyawesomefantabulous!!
(feel sorry for the spell check machine on that one).


We started out the afternoon with a quick and comical (Notre Dame vs. Michigan) lunch/dinner at George's Pastaria and Devine Catering. Hands down the best Italian Food I've had since leaving up state NY! If you are in the Houston area and on the hunt for Great Italian....George's is my suggestion! If the tall, dark haired Italian gentleman is watching football while serving you, please root for the other team as your experience here will be very FUN!








We got there a bit after the concert was scheduled to start, but that was ok. No one was really interested in seeing the first two bands, although we did get there in time to hear a bit of Hinder! Photo above!



Got some Concert T shirts, grabbed some drinks...and went off to find our seats. Thank goodness we'd paid good money to get under the covered part because it threatened to rain all evening! Better safe than sorry!

On to Nickelback. WOW. Their music is really great. Their performance was amazing. The lighting and effects were awesome! Flame throwers, firework like explosions, fog......and there is a BIG BANG that starts it all and makes you jump a foot in the air! I know I did! Jen and her SO laughed at me. They had seen them a few months back in San Antonio and knew what was coming. I did not! Yikes!





The Drummer - Daniel Adair - amazing, totally amazing. Amazing doesn't even begin to put a dent in it. Between songs he performed a solo that totally rocked the Woodlands Pavilion. My arms would have been ready to fall off, but he kept going and going, and going....like the energizer bunny. And, he's for sure nice to look at! Yummy eye candy! Photo above and Below.




There was a bit more alcohol involved in the whole production that I would have liked. I think the lead singer, Chad Kroeger forgot that the NORMAL PEOPLE that attend his concert have to get on the road and DRIVE home. In addition to the gigantic rolling table of beer that was brought out and passed around the first 10 rows "the PIT" there was a case of ice cold Grey Goose vodka that was passed around as well. Please have ID if you want the Grey Goose, was all that was said. So, a bit too much drinking going on.



My DH snagged a t-Shirt that was shot out of the "t-shirt cannon" much to the dismay of the little teenybopper girls sitting next to us.





Chad, to the surprise of EVERYONE in attendance grabbed a stool, an acoustic guitar and busted out with the first 1/2 of Garth Brooks' "Friends in Low Places". EVERYONE in the crowd was singing along, loudly, I might add! It was very entertaining! Over all - truly a great event. Will for sure go see them again.


Unfortunately, they aren't going to play in the US anymore this year. This concert was their last in the stated. They are headed to Australia, and Japan to finish out the rest of the year! Will be looking them up in 2010!!


I leave you with the lyrics from the Hinder song I enjoy, and got to hear/see while waiting in line at the t-Shirt Booth!
"Lips Of An Angel"




Honey why you calling me so late?
It's kinda hard to talk right now.
Honey why are you crying?
Is everything okay?
I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud


Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on

It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak

And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

It's funny that you're calling me tonight
And, yes, I've dreamt of you too
And does he know you're talking to me
Will it start a fight
No I don't think she has a clue


Well my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on

It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak

And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel


It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak

And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

Honey why you calling me so late?

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow- what part of upstate were you in??????????!!!! Small world us Yanks heading other places huh? ;)

    Glad you guys had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just outside of Syracuse. Miss it much! Hubby getting certification to be police officer in Texas right now. Hoping some of that will transfer to other places....looking at moving in the next few years....to bloody hot here in Texas!

    ReplyDelete